The 30% ruling is a Dutch tax facility aimed at attracting employees with specific skills or expertise to the Netherlands, subject to certain conditions. It is a complex topic, but we make it as easy as possible for our clients. (Honestly, we like this stuff.)
For employees who qualify, it means you get more take-home pay. You are taxed on only 70% of your salary; the other 30% is paid to you as reimbursement for expenses you would not have if you had stayed home (the famous “extraterritorial expenses”).
Do you want to know if you’re eligible for the 30% ruling? Fill out the our 30% ruling calculator below and find out in just a minute!
Congratulations! You are eligible for the 30% ruling. This is one of the great advantages of working in the Netherlands. Your employer will grant a tax-free allowance to 30% of your gross salary. This advantage is meant as compensation for the extra costs that highly skilled migrants might have when moving to the Netherlands. Your taxes will be calculated and deducted from only 70% of your gross wage.
It looks like you are eligible for the 30% ruling, but it’s not a 100% sure. It is important to discuss it with your employer.
Sadly, you are not eligible for the 30% ruling. Possibly you don’t meet the salary requirements, or you live too close to the border of the Netherlands.
Keep in mind that the Dutch Tax Authorities can adjust the requirements and regulations at any time.