Frequently asked questions: Employees

Do you as an employee have any question about our payroll umbrella services? See answers to your frequently asked questions all in one easy place. Do you have a question about another topic? Please do not hesitate to contact us at +31 20 225 2580 or through our contact form.




CAO stands for Collective Labor Agreement. If your employer/hirer pays you via the Payroll Umbrella Services of Payingit International, the NBBU labor agreement for temporary workers is applicable on your Dutch employment agreement. (The agreement is available online in English!)

Yes, the so-called StiPP pension is applicable to you during your time as an employee paid by Payingit International.  This pension is applied from the age of 21 after 26 weeks of employment. After 26 weeks, only an employer part is applicable. After 78 weeks of employment, the Plus-pension is applicable. This has an employer part and an employee part.

On or about the 25th of each month, you will receive your take-home amount from Payingit International deposited into your bank account. Your pay comes from us because you are using the Umbrella Services of Payingit International.

Even if you are a contractor, you have the same rights as your Dutch coworkers. An employer is obliged to pay you eight percent of your gross amount as holiday allowance. This amount is paid monthly to you when you are employed with Payingit International.

Loonheffingskorting is a wage tax reduction. From gross to net you will see a wage tax reduction on your payslip. This wage tax is mandatory and the loonheffingskorting is already included in this. This reduction is only applicable on one job per person at a time (and can be applied to the job with the highest salary).

Your payslip will be sent to you by email on the day you will receive your take-home amount.

Yes. The IND requires that you as a knowledge migrant receive a take-home amount that is based on your required salary. These required salary levels are listed on our website: IND income requirements.

The 30% ruling is a Dutch tax facility aimed at attracting foreign employees with specific skills or expertise to the Netherlands, subject to certain conditions. This means your employer may pay you 30% percent of your salary tax-free.

These are terms used in the Netherlands to refer to people who have education, specialist skills, and/or experience that are in high demand. The terms come from the Dutch words, so don’t be put off. It’s a great thing to be because it means your skills are valuable!

The BSN (burgerservicenummer) is the citizen service number, a unique registration number for everyone who lives in the Netherlands. Everyone needs one, even if you are a EU citizen. You will need your BSN to open a bank account and set up your health insurance.